Thursday, July 23, 2009
Some if what I remember of the time we lived in Granger (West Valley) The address we lived was 3365 Hogan street about a block from 3500 south and we could run the whole neighborhood including 3500 south. (would you let your kids play on 3500 south now?) Or we could ride our bikes over to Aunt Themas house which was about 4300 south and 4500 west. or ride our bikes to Grandma Brinkerhoffs house over on 6100 south and 1st west. Walking to school everyday, I can't ever remember getting a ride to school. Hillsdale grade school was about 7 or 8 blocks away. and then Stansbery elementry was a little closer 4 or 5 blocks. And I remember Grandpa Magnuson loading us kids in the back of his old truck one day and taking us down to Harmon City Grocery store where he bought bunches of bananas for us and we sat in the back of the truck and ate bananas. and the day Grandpa Magnuson came by the house and showed us how someone had covered the tail lights of his truck with tar. When I told him I'd go get something to clean it off. he said No. He wanted to leave it there because he had other people to show it to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the memories Garth. It's interesting what we each remember. I also remember the address but, unlike you, I never rode my bike to Aunt Thelma's (although I do remember being at their house) nor - heaven forbid - to Grandpa & Grandma's. I remember Grandpa M visiting us but I don't remember going shopping with him.
ReplyDelete